Ultimately, the choice between clay pavers and other paving materials depends on your specific needs, budget, and design preferences.
Clay Pavers The Pros & Cons
Pros of Clay Pavers:
- Aesthetic Appeal: Clay pavers offer a classic and timeless look that enhances the visual appeal of outdoor spaces. Corobrik produce a vast array of earthy shades and colours to last a life time.
- Durability: They are highly durable and can withstand vehicular and heavy foot traffic, lasting for decades.
- Stain Resistant: Clay Pavers are highly resistant to staining due to its dense properties, and are therefore easier to keep clean.
- Low Maintenance: Clay pavers require minimal maintenance and are easy to clean with simple techniques like power washing.
- Design: With the introduction of new colours and shapes laying possibilities are endless and can be laid in diverse attractive patterns with special shapes and sizes allowing pavers to create a great looking finish.
- Colour Retention: Clay pavers tend to retain their colour well over time, maintaining their attractive appearance. Clay Pavers are known to last a life time if well laid.
- Eco-Friendly: They are made from natural clay materials, making them an environmentally friendly choice.
Cons of Clay Pavers:
- Cost: Clay pavers can be more expensive upfront compared to some alternative paving materials, such as concrete pavers, but over time they will pay you back with a long attractive life span.
- Installation: Proper installation is crucial to prevent shifting and spalling / chipping, which can be more labour-intensive and costly. A professional installer such as Style & Craft Paving with over 35 years of laying experience would be a wise long term cost saving decision. Not recommended for the DIY handyman.